Basil Pesto Fresh Ginger GF
I had never made pesto before, I looked at several recipes and then adapted the ingredients to what I had on hand. I added fresh ginger as I am trying to add more ginger to my cooking. It gives a bright yet subtle flavor. The basil pesto is gluten free, grain free and GMO free and so delicious.
Basil Presto Ingredients
- 1/4 cup pine nuts lightly roasted
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Two spring onions chopped
- 1 and a half inches of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup of Dark Opal Basil leaves (or other variety)
- 5 tablespoons of MTC oil (or fresh olive oil)
Basil Pesto Method
1. Put all of the ingredients except the oil into a food processor or blender and blend together.
2. Add the oil one tablespoon at a time blending in between.
3. If it seems too thick then add another tablespoon of oil.
How simple is that, this was the first time I have made pesto it is also the first time that I had tasted it. I put it on fresh salad and I put it on steamed vegetables and I have to say this recipe is delicious.Adding fresh ginger to this Basil Pesto recipe gives a bright subtle flavor Click To Tweet
I have a few herbs growing on my balcony and it is so nice to go and pick my own fresh herbs. I have two sorts of basil, the one in this recipe is a dark purple. I will be making Basil Pesto with Fresh Ginger again.
I am sure if you try this recipe of basil pesto with fresh ginger that you will find that it gives your vegetables an interesting, tasty lift.
I love the aroma of basil and this aroma seems to transfer in the taste of the pesto.
I know that like me, you love to live a frugal lifestyle by saving where you can. That is why I want to share this link to Iherb. This link will save you on your health products. Take a look now. Just click on the image. I am proud to be an IHerb affiliate because they treat the customer so well. As well as low prices they also give back 5% of your order value toward the next order.
Join us – we uplift and encourage each other –
Enjoy these Healthy Recipies