This Caesar Salad is gluten free and bursting with flavor. All of the ingredients are working together to make this a very special meal. I nearly always leave the dressing in a side dish so that my guests can use it according to their taste.
Caesar Salad Gluten Free
The Caesar Salad is topped with my special mixture that is sprinkled throughout the salad. I will share this special taste sensation. The following recipe is for two people so double if you need more. Please see the Tip below for which parts can be made the day before making this Caesar Salad a very easy impressive meal to pull off and impress your guests.
Caesar Salad Gluten Free – main Ingredients
- One fresh & crisp baby cos lettuce washed and dried
- A few basil leaves
- 2 hard boiled eggs, shelled and cut into quarters
- 3 slices of gluten free bread, buttered and seasoned and cut into squares
- 3 rashes of bacon
- One piece of chicken breast sliced into two slices
- 1 egg beaten with a fork and some gluten free breadcrumbs to batter the chicken
- Gluten free Caesar salad dressing
My special sprinkle to go through the Caesar Salad
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 6 pecans
- 1 tablespoon of pepitas (Pumpkin seeds)
To make the sprinkle mix put the pecans and pepitas into a blender and break them up fairly well. Then add this mix to the Parmesan cheese and mix together with a spoon.
Caesar Salad Gluten Free – method
1. In a small pan with a little coconut oil brown the pieces of bread on both sides, (This could be done in the oven and just dry the bread out a little to make it crispy)
2. Cook the bacon quite well so that it will break up easily when it has cooled.
Tip: Especially if you are cooking for guests – You can do these four things the day before and have them ready.
1. Hard boil, peel and quarter the eggs.
2. Cook the bread pieces to dry them out.
3. Have the bacon cooked and broken into pieces.
4. Make the sprinkle mixture. With these four things prepared you will then be able to put the meal together with great efficiency.
3. Take the two pieces of chicken breast and coat them with the beaten egg and then roll them in the breadcrumbs. I added some cajun seasoning to the breadcrumbs to flavor the chicken.
4. Cook the chicken in a pan with a little coconut oil. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side. The crumbs should be golden brown.
5. Break the cos lettuce leaves into pieces and put into your salad bowl
6. Break the basil leaves into tiny pieces
7. Add to the salad bowl the bread pieces, egg quarters, bacon pieces and half of the sprinkle mix. With a salad fork and spoon mix the salad in the bowl.
8. Cut the hot chicken into slices and place it over the salad mix.
9. Sprinkle the rest of the sprinkle mix over the top.
10. Garnish the top with a basil leaf or I used a thin slice of orange, mainly for the color effect.
I am sure that you will love this Caesar Salad, don’t forget to either add the salad dressing to the salad bowl or else put it in a dish on the side. If you follow the tips and prepare the four items the day before you can put this impressive meal together in 20 minutes.
I know that like me, you love to live a frugal lifestyle by saving where you can. That is why I want to share this link to IHerb. This link will save you on your health products. Take a look now. Just click on the image. I am proud to be an IHerb affiliate because they treat the customer so well. As well as low prices they also give back 5% of your order value toward the next order.
Join us – we uplift and encourage each other –
Enjoy these healthy recipes