Crock Pot Baked Apples
This crock pot baked apples recipe is suitable for gluten free diets also low carb. diets. It is grain free and GMO free. Healthy and economical.
My husband raves over this dessert of crock pot baked apples. Of course I love it too as I do most desserts.
I bake six apples at a time in the Crock Pot slow cooker making this a very economical dessert. With just the two of us, this is three servings of dessert for us. One we eat when it is cooked, the other two go straight into the fridge. I have not tried to freeze them as yet. The main reason is they get eaten very quickly before I can freeze them.
Crock pot baked apples - gluten free, grain free, GMO free, low carb. Easy and delicious. Click To Tweet
Crock Pot Baked Apples Ingredients
- 6 green apples, I use Granny Smith
- 3/4 cup Sultanas/raisins
- Zero and Stevia
- 1/2 cup Pecan or other nut that you may have on hand
- Cinnamon and Ginger
Crock Pot Baked Apples – Method
1. Wash and brush apples under running water
2. Next remove the apple cores, this can be done with a knife but using a corer is much easier.
3. Using a knife run around just under the apple skin as if you were pealing it.
4. Put about an inch of water in the crock pot and add three small scoops of Stevia.
5. Place the apples in the water
6. Mix together the sultanas, cinnamon, ginger and 1 tablespoon of zero (according to your taste) I like plenty of spice in this recipe
7. Spoon the mixture into the core holes, don’t worry if some spills into the water as that adds to the tasty juice. If there is any of this mix left over add that to the water too.
8. I add a few extra sultanas and the nuts to the water.
9. Optional to put a small dob of butter over the core hole.
10. Put the lid on and cook on high for about 2 hours. The time will depend a lot on the size of the apples. After the two hours test with a sharp knife to see that they are how you like them, ie soft or a little firm.
Serve the crock pot baked apples hot or cold. Add a little of the juice and your favorite topping, cream, whipped coconut cream or nut cream – Along with serving this dessert you will be very popular!
I know that like me, you love to live a frugal lifestyle by saving where you can. That is why I want to share this link to IHerb. This link will save you on your health products. Take a look now. Just click on the image. I am proud to be an IHerb affiliate because they treat the customer so well. As well as low prices they also give back 5% of your order value toward the next order.
Join us we uplift and encourage each other –
Enjoy these healthy recipes