Yes, it is a delicious low carb tiramisu recipe that is also gluten free and GMO free.
No need to feel deprived when you are limiting carbohydrates in your diet.
According to Wikipedia, Tiramisu (from Italian, spelled tiramisù, [tiɾamiˈsu], meaning “pick me up” or “lift me up”)
Low Carb Tiramisu Recipe
This dessert is best made ahead of time and left in the fridge for at least four hours.
I am adding another recipe here for a more cake like mixture for the low carb tiramisu.
Alternate cake recipe
3 eggs separated
1/3 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup coconut flour – I am sure almond flour would do well also.
1 tablespoon psyllium husks
1 rounded teaspoon of baking powder
1/3 cup of strong coffee – I use four shots of coffee 🙂
1 tablespoon of zero
1 tablespoon of maple syrup – although this has carbs it is distributed through 6-8 servings
Enough coconut milk or almond milk to make a cake batter consistency. Coconut flour absorbs a lot of moisture.
Beat the egg whites until thick.
Mix all other ingredients together then add to the egg whites, don’t over mix.
Pour the mix into a greased flat tray and cook in a moderate oven.
When cooked slice into fingers so that you can soak them as per the instructions below.
This cake is only about 1/2 inch thick but I sliced the fingers in two so that I could have more layers of cake and cream.
Added flavor – for the top two layers of cake I spread some no added sugar, raspberry conserve on the cake fingers.
I prefer this cake recipe, but the one below is great too.
Ingredients for the ‘biscuit’
6 eggs separated
Pinch of salt
250 g of cream cheese or coconut cream – at room temperature
2 tablespoons of chia seeds (organic chia seeds 1lb (454g) only $12.98)
1 rounded tablespoon of psyllium husks
2 tablespoon of almond flour
1 rounded teaspoon of baking powder
Small amount of Stevia
Heat the oven to 350 F
Place cooking paper on a large tray and grease it with coconut oil.
Mix the cream cheese, egg yolks, baking powder, psyllium husks and almond flour.
Sprinkle the chia seeds over the egg yolk and cream cheese and mix all the ingredients together well.
Fold the egg white into the other ingredients. Try not to lose the air out of the egg white.
Spoon the mix onto the greased tray and cook until golden and firm on the top, it will be softer inside.Delicious very low carb Tiramisu recipe - no need to feel deprived when limiting your carbohydrates. Click To Tweet
Ingredients for the Low Carb Tiramisu Recipe Cream
- 3/4 cup of strong espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup Masala or orange juice or essence – Masala can be whatever you want to use for flavor, good quality will make a huge difference to the flavor outcome.
- 3 egg yolks
- Zero or another sweetener of your choice
- 2 oz Cream cheese at room temperature
- 250 grams (8oz) mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 1 cup whipping cream (this portion of whipped cream is for the top)
Method – Low Carb Tiramisu Recipe Cream
1. Beat the two kinds of cheese together till well blended.
2. Combine the espresso coffee, 1/2 of the Masala or juice, 1 tablespoon of zero, and place it aside in a wide flat bowl.
3. For this step, you will need a bowl that will fit over a saucepan of simmering water. Beat the egg yolks, remaining Masala, 1 tablespoons zero in a bowl. Place this bowl over the simmering water and keep beating it at a medium speed for at least 5 minutes. The mix will triple in volume and be quite thick.
4. Remove the bowl from the heat and beat in the cheese mix.
5. Set this aside to cool.
6. Beat the cream until it is thick. I have not tried this recipe with coconut cream, but I cannot see why it would not work just as well.
7. Fold the cream into the cooled egg and cheese mix.
Putting your masterpiece Low Carb Tiramisu recipe together
Soak the ‘biscuits’ in the coffee masala mix and then layer them into your tiramisu serving bowl. Layer the soaked ‘biscuits’ and then cover them with the cream mix, then more ‘biscuits’ and cream. Finish with a ‘biscuit’ layer, cover this with a layer of the whipped cream. You may like to grate some dark chocolate on the top and garnish with strawberries. Be creative and you will have a dessert that you will be proud to serve to your best company.
This slice of low carb tiramisu has an est. 2g of carbohydrate – add to this a portion of the masala or juice that you flavor with.
Join us – we uplift and encourage each other –
I know that like me, you love to live a frugal lifestyle by saving where you can. That is why I want to share this link to Iherb. This link will give you a 10% discount on your first order. Take a look now. Just click on the image. I am proud to be an IHerb affiliate because they treat the customer so well. As well as low prices they also give back 10% of your order value toward the next order.
Enjoy these healthy recipes