Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers
Here is a nice easy and delicious meal. Mediterranean stuffed peppers. Fresh and light.
We were walking along the beach when my husband had a light bulb moment. He came up with an idea for dinner using the cold chicken that we had in the fridge. I always encourage these bright ideas because I love to have a meal cooked for me. Another recipe that he likes to cook is Thai Red Curry Chicken. So here it is Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers, so good. Gluten free and GMO free.
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers Ingredients
- Three red bell peppers cut in half
- 1 cup of Basmati white rice – cook
- Chili sauce
- Green Olives stoned and chopped
- Grated tasty cheese to sprinkle on the top
- Cold chicken
- Pineapple slices
- Salad greens
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers Method
- Take the bell peppers and wash, then cut into halves. Remove the seeds. Now place the halves on a tray.
2. Place the peppers in a moderate oven for around 20 minutes. They need to cook a little but still be firm.
3. Remove them from the oven.
4. Mix chili sauce through the rice according to your taste.
5. Add the chopped olives, I left a couple of whole olives to place on the top.
6. Fill the pepper halves with the rice mix.
7. Sprinkle with cheese and a shake of chili pepper.
8. Put them back in the oven just long enough to turn the cheese golden.
9. Heat a little coconut oil in a pan and lightly cook the pineapple slices.
10. Prepare your salad and chicken and it is ready to serve. Use a little sprig of basil to garnish.You could be serving your Mediterranean stuffed peppers in 35 minutes Click To Tweet
Doesn’t that look delicious, and so quick and easy? You could be serving your Mediterranean stuffed peppers in 35 minutes
How nice that it is Gluten Free and GMO Free as well. I really like the color that the red peppers give to the meal.
You can serve this up and your table will look awesome with all that color and goodness. Another recipe to spice up your blogger’s lifestyle.
I know that like me, you love to live a frugal lifestyle by saving where you can. That is why I want to share this $5.00 Iherb discount coupon with you. IHerb supplements and health foods. (Most Brands) You also get to choose a gift from their freebies page. Take a look now. Just click on the image.
Join us – we uplift and encourage each other –
Enjoy these healthy recipes