I am not a big steak eater, but this is the best ever dinner. You will love this Porterhouse steak it is so very flavorsome, in part due to the fresh ginger marinade. Gluten free.
Porterhouse Steak |Best Dinner
Porterhouse Steak Ingredients
- Around 300 g of porterhouse steak
- Half a dozen mushrooms
- Tamari no wheat soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion
Marinade for the Porterhouse steak
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup of Tamari no wheat soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
Method for Porterhouse steak dinner
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a wide bowl.
2. Rinse the porterhouse steak in fresh water and then place it in the marinade mix.
3. It needs to stay in this mix for at least 30 minutes before cooking. To get an even cooked steak it should be at room temperature before cooking.
4. Peel wash and slice the mushrooms
5. Put them in a small pan with a small amount of coconut oil and a generous sprinkle of Tamari.
6. Cook over a gentle heat and set aside on a plate.
7. Add a little coconut oil to the same pan over a moderate heat.
8. Add the steak and the marinade and chopped onion – cook for at least 5 minutes on each side. Adjust this time according to your taste for rare, medium or well done.
9. Near the end of cooking tip the mushrooms on top of the steak to heat through.
10. Remove from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes.
Serve this porterhouse steak with fries and salad or cooked vegetables.
This is what I served with the porterhouse steak – Fresh Mango Salsa
Fresh Mango Salsa Ingredients
- 2 cups chopped mangoes (about 2 medium mangoes)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of salad onion fine chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Juice from one lime
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium fresh jalapeno, minced – Taste test a seed to see how hot they are. If they are too hot then leave the seeds out.
In a bowl mix all the ingredients together.
This mix should be left in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to blend the awesome flavors.
I served the delicious salsa cupped in cos lettuce on a bed of creamy mashed potato.
The best dinner.
Porterhouse steak so very flavorsome, in part due to the fresh ginger marinade. Click To Tweet
To make the Porterhouse steak dinner with the same serving additions as above, this is the order of making.
1. Gather all of the ingredients
2. Make the Marinade and place the porterhouse steak in it
3. Make the salsa and put it in the fridge
4. Get the potatoes cooking
4. Prepare and cook the mushrooms
5. Cook the porterhouse steak and the marinade
6. Mash the potato adding some butter and cream
7. Time to plate up, everything is ready
Sit down and enjoy this Porterhouse steak, the best ever dinner.
I know that like me, you love to live a frugal lifestyle by saving where you can. That is why I want to share this link to Iherb. This link will give you a 10% discount on your first order. Take a look now. Just click on the image. I am proud to be an IHerb affiliate because they treat the customer so well. As well as low prices, a 10 % loyalty reward is credited to your next order.
Join us we uplift and encourage each other –
Enjoy these healthy recipes